Not long ago, we briefly spoke about some typical misses when folks clean their wheels and how hitting a few bullet points would improve the results.
Later, what I wanted to do was something that would provide a more extensive look at cleaning wheels while they are mounted (more to come on how we detail/coat wheels that are removed from the automobile later). After starting the piece, it became clear that there would never be a better solution than to provide a video reference. If a picture is worth 1,000 words, what is a video worth?
We realize that there is no single right way to clean wheels safely. But what we aim to provide is the approach we use at Detailed Designs Auto Spa, with hopes you will find something of value that you can incorporate into your own workflow.
The video is not short. But hopefully you will appreciate the visual references from start to finish and not needing to use your imagination.
If you would like to follow our pattern, you can use the following tools:
- P21S Total Auto Wash – Used for tires and wheel well treatment.
- Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner – Used on wheel faces, wheel barrel and caliper.
- EZ Detail Brush – Used to clean inner wheel barrel and wheel well.
- Wheel Woolies – Also used to clean inner wheel barrel.
- Boar’s Hair Detailing Brush – Used for cleaning wheel face, lug recesses and caliper.
- All Purpose Exterior Brush – Used as a tire brush.