Frequently Asked Questions
How do I clean suede in a car?
Ultra suede is a sensitive material that requires very careful cleaning. First you are going to want to use a soft to medium brush, like the DI Brushes Leather and Vinyl Scrub Brush, and simply brush the suede with light pressure for a light cleaning. This will help remove any lose builds ups and dust. After this you can spot treat any problem areas/stains with a product like the 303 Spot Cleaner. You also do not want to get the suede really wet so if possible you may want to use as little cleaner as possible. After this you can take the same scrub brush and give it another gentle brushing. This will remove any remaining contamination and help air out the suede. We would also recommend leaving the windows open for a few hours to help promote air flow and dry out the suede.
More Detailing FAQs
- I'm new to detailing. Where do I get started?
- I am looking to wash and dry my car, what are your recommendations?
- How do I use a clay bar correctly?
- I am looking to start polishing my car. Can you guide me in the right direction?
- With all the various options for Quick Detailers, I am having trouble deciding on what one is best for me. Can you highlight some of them and recommend what one you like the best?
- What is a glaze and should I use one?
- How do waxes, sealants and coatings compare, and which one is best for me?
- How many and what type of microfiber towels should I use for each detailing step?
- How do I choose the correct buffer or polisher for me?
- How long do products last?
- How do I remove sap from a car?
- What do you recommend to remove spots or etchings caused by bird droppings?
- How do I remove water marks or water spots?
- How do I remove cigarette smoke smell from a car?
- How do I remove "wet dog" smell from a car?
- How do I remove lovebug etchings from my paint?
- How do I clean Alcantara in a car?