Introducing our new clearance section full of a variety of detailing products with big discounts while supplies last. Don’t miss your chance for a great deal, these items won’t last long!
Buy ANY two 3M Paint Defender Spray Film products listed below and get the 3rd for FREE by manufacturer mail in rebate up to $25!
- Paint Defender Spray
- Paint Defender Application Kit
- Paint Defender Spray Trigger
- Door Edge Protection Film
Offer valid from 5/1/14 through 7/31/14. For complete details please view the Paint Defender Spray Film Rebate Form.
The 3M Paint Defender products are great for applying clear bra like protection, without the time, effort and price of traditional clear bras! For more information check out the AAP Blog post here!
As you may have seen in the news over the past few days, there is security vulnerability named the “Heartbleed Bug” that affected many of the sites on the web. The vulnerability is within the popular OpenSSL cryptographic software library. It is estimated that over 66% of websites were potentially vulnerable. Detailed Image uses OpenSSL, as does Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Amazon, and many other popular websites.
We want to provide our customers with the details of how we’ve addressed this serious issue. Keeping our customers information safe is one of our highest priorities, as is being honest and transparent with you.
Action We Took
Most importantly, we have no reason to suspect that any of your personal information was compromised.
However, we still take potential threats like this very seriously. A patch was released to fix this vulnerability. Within hours of it becoming available to us, we applied the patch to our server. We also reissued our SSL certificate. These two actions are what effectively close the vulnerability.
As you can see from the Heartbleed Test site, Detailed Image is now listed as fixed. If you’re curious, you can see our SSL certificate information here or by clicking the “lock” icon next to our URL in most web browsers while visiting a secure page like our login page.
How We Keep You Safe
- All sensitive information that you enter is encrypted – we use high-grade secure socket layer technology (SSL) any time you enter personal information. This includes registrations, logins, contact forms, and of course throughout the entire checkout process.
- We do not store your credit card information – we do not, and never have, stored our customers credit card information. Nor does anyone on our team have access to your payment information. We use the very secure PayPal Payments Pro to process credit card orders. After entering your payment information they tell us whether your payment was successful or not, and that success/failure information is all that we store.
- We are fully compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) – meaning that we comply with a strict set of standards for our infrastructure and server setup outlined by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, a council comprised of major payment vendors such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. This is verified regularly with a scan from an independent third party.
- We use strong encryption for your login credentials – the most sensitive bit of information that we do store is your password, and we take that very seriously. We use multiple forms of encryption, and again, for your security, no one on our team can ever access or view your password. As security experts recommend, we do highly advise that you use a unique password for every website that you use.
- LifeHacker – What the “Heartbleed” Security Bug Means For You
- LastPass Password Manager’s advice to it’s customers (LastPass is a simple, secure way to manage your passwords that adds an extra level of encryption to protect you)
- Technical information about the Heartbleed Bug
If you have any questions, feedback, comments, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Update 6/12/14 – We’ve extended our Guaranteed 1-3 Day Shipping and created a new page with up to date information about the offer.
We’re excited to announce that Detailed Image is now offering Guaranteed 1-3 Day Shipping at FedEx Ground rates to anywhere in the 48 contiguous United States! See the map below for guaranteed delivery dates to your area.
How does it work? When you visit our checkout page the Guaranteed 1-3 Day option is automatically selected. This offer does not require a coupon code. If FedEx Ground can reach you in 3 days or less, you’ll see FedEx Ground selected. You can also select FedEx Home for the same rate. Locations further than 3 days away will see a new shipping option “FedEx Express Saver Complimentary Upgrade” selected. This rate will match the FedEx Ground and FedEx Home rates but will guarantee that you receive your package in 3 days.
Since this offer does not require a coupon code, you can also use one of our Ship & Save coupon codes for free or low-cost shipping. Spend $49 or more and use coupon code DI499 during checkout to receive $4.99 shipping on your order. Spend $149 or more and use coupon code DIFREE for Free Shipping.
Be sure to take advantage of this special deal now as we’re only offering it for a limited time!
*Please note: 1-3 day shipping only valid to the 48 contiguous US States. Guaranteed days start when the package is shipped. This offer is not valid for out of stock items or items shipping directly from the manufacturer. It is also subject to all of our standard Promo Restrictions.
Today we’re excited to announce that we’re now offering FedEx SmartPost shipping! SmartPost is a partnership between FedEx and the USPS where packages are first shipped by FedEx to your local USPS location and are then delivered to you by the postal service.
SmartPost is a low-cost shipping option for small, light packages being shipped to the continental US. Packages being shipped to Alaska and Hawaii are often cheaper than other FedEx options regardless of size.
SmartPost also delivers to places where FedEx doesn’t typically deliver packages. We’re now able to ship to PO Boxes and U.S. Territories like American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
We will have a short period of downtime from approximately 9:00 AM ET to 11:00 AM ET on 1/11/2014 to perform scheduled maintenance to our site. During this time you can browse the site, but you will be unable to log in to your account or make a purchase. We will post a message on every page of the site as soon as we start, and we’ll remove the message as soon as our maintenance is complete. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Update 8:50 PM ET 1/11/14 – unfortunately we ran into more issues than we anticipated when upgrading our database software. For a large part of the day customers were not able to make purchases. The updates are now completed and the site is fully up and running. If you encounter any problems please let us know. We’re sorry for making it so difficult to shop with us today. We’ll do our best to minimize this type of interruption in the future.
As many of you know, the Northeast is being hit hard by Winter Storm Hercules. In addition to over a foot of snow here in Albany, NY, we’re also faced with extreme cold and wind. Wind chills up to -25 degrees Fahrenheit combined with the snow and ice have made travel potentially dangerous. For the safety of our employees, we have decided to close our warehouse operations on Thursday, January 2nd and Friday, January 3rd.
With the New Year’s Holiday on Wednesday and the weekend beginning tomorrow, this means that orders placed as far back as Tuesday, December 31st will not ship until Monday, January 6th. We sincerely apologize for the delays. We will be in bright and early Monday morning working hard to get every single package out. If you’ve placed an order that has yet to ship, you can expect it to ship Monday. We’ll send you a tracking email as soon as it leaves our warehouse.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you to all of our customers who purchased a pink product during the month of October. The funds raised will be donated directly to the American Cancer Society to help aid in the fight against breast cancer!
We’re excited announce the newly redesigned Detailed Image and we want to celebrate it by offering Free Shipping + 10% Off your next order using coupon code New2013. Coupon code expires 4/30/13 11:59 PM ET with minimum purchase $39 required. Free shipping only valid to the 48 contiguous US States via FedEx Ground/Home.*
Check out the new design and see a complete list of new features and changes in our recent blog post, “Welcome To The New Detailed Image!“.
*Some restrictions apply. Limit one coupon code per order.
Enjoy free shipping all holiday season when you spend a minimum of $99 from November 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012 11:59 PM ET. Free shipping will automatically be applied to eligible orders during checkout. Holiday free shipping only valid on orders to the 48 contiguous US States via FedEx Ground/Home.