For the glass care and to get the deeper cleaning, after using a claybar, would it possible to either hand polish or machine polish (porter cable) glass using something fine like Poorboy’s SSR1? Thank you & best regards, William Nguyen
Thanks for the great question William!
You bet you can polish glass with something like Poorboys SSR1 or even Megs105. I would go with a non diminishing abrasive like 105. Using a cutting pad like Lake country Tangerine and Megs 105 is a great combo. After you work the compound in a small area, make sure you clean off the residue with some Isopropyl Alcohol. Now this will not level the glass to remove small chips or even bad wiper scratches, but it will improve the clarity by some. You would need a Cerium Oxide media to properly polish glass and remove wiper scratches. Keep mindful of your glass trim and the machine, as that can mung up, (yes that is an actual word) the trim! If you do have small defects you’d like to remove, then I’d recommend the Lake Country Pro Glass Polishing Kit.
Give it a go and report back what your results are! Thanks for asking a question here on Detailed Image.
Buy Products From This Article
Purchase the products used in this article individually or in one convenient package here!
- Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT – New Car Detail
- Projects: Lotus Evora GT, Paint Correction, Clear Bra, Ceramic Coating
- Detailing Projects: Ferrari 488 Pista #2 Paint Correction, Clear Bra, & Ceramic Coating
- Detailing Projects: Ferrari 488 Pista Paint Correction, Clear Bra, & Ceramic Coating
- The Ultimate GYEON Detail: Plum Crazy Hellcat