I will be the first to admit that cleaning glass is my least favorite part of detailing. It used to seem like no matter what I do, or how clean it looks in the shop, I see streaks everywhere on that morning driving to work with the sun gleaming in. Little did I know, I was one small tweak away from achieving the clear streak-free glass I was looking for. We shot a short video describing our process and how we have taken this phantom streaking out of our shop. Take a look and let me know any tricks YOU use in the comments section.
Bonus Tip: We did not include this in the video but another great way to improve your glass cleaning is to improve your inspection process. We use our Scangrips pointed into the vehicle so we can see streaking that is hiding. It can also be helpful to grab a friend to check for streaks from the outside and guide you as you clean up the interior glass. They can point you to streaky areas you cannot see from the inside, mostly in the corners.
Buy Products From This Article
- Detailing Projects: Ferrari 488 Pista #2 Paint Correction, Clear Bra, & Ceramic Coating
- The Best Way to Hand Wash your Car
- Acura NSX Paint Correction + Ultimate Protection
- 1967 Sunfire Yellow Corvette Stingray Detail
- Window Etching & Stain Removal | Getting the Most Out of Your Meguiar’s Cutting Discs