Ethos Ceramic Matrix Coating
This product qualifies for $4.99 Shipping with coupon DI499
Please note: this product cannot be shipped through the air
($1.87 / ml)
($1.52 / ml)
- Durable coating for up to 3 years!
- Withstands various chemicals and water spots
- Easy application and smooth slick feeling
- Product Codes: ETH-CER-MATRIX-30ML, ETH-CER-MATRIX-50ML
- Read full description
Customer Reviews100% of customers said that they would buy this item again
Based upon 2 ratings
Product DescriptionEthos Ceramic Matrix Coating is an easy to apply coating that allows you to provide your paint with incredibly strong protection! Matrix features a unique formulation of ceramic (Si02) that one applied will form a hard crystalline barrier over the surface. This will allow you to protect your paint from dirt, grime, light abrasions, water marks and so much more. Ceramic Matrix was independently tested and certified by the globally recognized SGS Swiss Laboratories for chemical resistance, hydrophobic contact angles and 9H Hardness (ASTM D3363 Film Hardness). On top of this impressive certification, it is approved by Boeing for passing corrosion, embrittlement and paint softening resistance testing. Simply put, Ceramic Matrix is an impressive consumer level coating that everyone should try. Apply Matrix to the paint, clear coat, glass, plastic, wheels, rubber trim, and more for an incredible level of protection that lasts up to three years, not months, according to Ethos. Protect your paint with the Ethos Ceramic Matrix Coating!
- Clean any loose dust, dirt, and contaminants from the surface.
- Clay bar any rough embedded contaminants from the surface to ensure no impurities interfere with the coating's properties.
- Polish/Compound to remove any paint defects in the form of scratches, swirl marks, and oxidation. Ceramic Matrix is a semi-permanent coating so once applied any defects will remain sealed underneath.
- Deep clean any polish oils or residues from the surface that could inhibit the bonding process using Ethos Detox.
- Remove any residual water that can be hiding underneath panel gaps, headlights, or taillights which could drip out and affect the coatings curing process.
- Temperature and humidity can play a big factor in "flash" time (Time between application and when the coating is ready to be wiped off). We recommend applying in temperatures between 65-75*. In higher temperatures flash time will be expedited so first, test using a small section to determine workability before moving onto the rest of the vehicle.
- Ceramic Matrix can be applied to any painted, plastic or glass surface (including windshield).
How to Apply
- Make sure the surface has been completely cleaned and decontaminated with Ethos Detox. The cleaner the surface, the better the bond!
- Shake bottle well.
- Apply a few drops of Ceramic Matrix onto your applicator until evenly covered.
- Starting with horizontal / top surfaces first, applying in straight lines slightly overlapping from one line to the next. Work in small areas approximately 3'x3' or the size of a door or half a hood at a time. Temperature and humidity will determine coverage areas allowable between application and removal.
- Applicators should glide smoothly on the surface while laying down an even layer of coating. If the applicator starts to drag or the application becomes inconsistent, apply additional drops to the applicator.
- Immediately after application, you will notice a "Rainbow Effect" (More prevalent on dark colors) while the applied coating bonds to the surface. Allow the coating to cure for roughly 1-2 min after application or until the "Rainbowing" begins to fade. (Do Note: Temperature and humidity will expedite the flash time. Test a small area first before continuing onto the rest of the vehicle)
- Using premium microfiber towels (Preferably our Utility Towels), thoroughly wipe down the section to remove the Ceramic Coating residue. Your first wipe should remove about 80% of the residue, and your second wipe should easily remove the remainder. Use small, circular motions and little to no pressure during removal. The coating should still feel wet and slick during wipe-off and not hard or tacky. If the coating is tacky or rough during wipe-off, you waited too long before leveling.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to check adjacent panels to make sure you haven't "pushed" excess coating to other areas. (We recommend using a flashlight or smartphone light for inspection to make sure every bit of residue is gone. If you fail to remove all of the residue during the flash time, it will become a dark spot once it cures and can require polishing or compounding to remove) So be thorough and continue to check your work before moving on to the next step.
- Repeat these steps as you move along the rest of your vehicle. Coating the paint, plastics, trim, and glass surfaces in the same manner.
- If you desire to layer the coating for additional performance wait approximately 1 hour between applications.
- Let the coating fully dry/cure for at least 48 hours before allowing it to get wet. The longer it stays dry the better, as it will continue to cure for about 5 days (you CAN drive the car during this time).
- Wash and maintain the coating as outlined in our maintenance protocols. ethoscarcare.com/coating-maintenance
Reviewed by James W. on 4/3/2022
Would they buy this item again? Yes
Great product. I applied two coats and the shine and bead quality is amazing.
Reviewed by Bradley N. on 3/24/2022
Would they buy this item again? Yes
Really awesome and underrated product by ETHOS. Very easy to apply, can easily tell when it has flashed and ready to level out. Have had it on a few cars for over a year and all still going strong!