Aquatek jumped onto the scene here at DI earlier this year and at SEMA 2023, they released a brand new product to their coating lineup. Clarity is a coating designed for application on glass surfaces and if it is anything like the rest of their lineup, it will be durable and incredibly easy to apply. Take a look at the product description and application instructions below!
When we set out to make a window glass coating, we wanted a coating that would not only provide impressive hydrophobic properties on glass but to also makes glass surfaces easier to clean from bugs, droppings, etc. We also wanted a window glass coating that would give at least 6 months protection for everyday vehicles that are usually kept outdoors. For those vehicles that are fortunate enough to be parked in a garage away from the elements, you can expect to see up to 15 months of protection. Provided you are not the windshield wiper happy type.
We designed “Clarity” to provide improved visibility under harsh conditions. Formulated to be slicker than the usual window glass coating to help with chattering wiper blades, easier cleaning and increased hydrophobic effect that even beads at a stoplight. Clarity make cleaning bugs a lot easier thanks to its slick finish on glass. Easy application, Clarity will get you seeing things a lot clearer.
- Clean the glass surface to be treated. We recommend a quality glass cleaner. Remove all bugs, dirt and debris from the glass surface. We recommend using a melamine sponge to deep clean the glass surface while using a surface prep spray before coating.
- Apply Clarity to the applicator and apply the coating in a vertical motion to the glass surface while slightly overlapping.
- Once applied, leave Clarity on the surface for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a glass cleaner (foam varieties not recommended) spray the surface and then wipe down with a clean microfiber to level out the coating. Follow up with a separate additional towel to level any remaining coating.
- Coating is now ready for use.