HydroSilex Recharge is a spray on sealant that is packed with high-quality silica. This easy to apply, versatile product helps add a great deal of gloss and protection to your paint, trim, glass, and so much more. Check out the video above where professional detailer James Melfi talks about this product and how he recommends applying it. Below you will also find the product description, application instructions and video transcription. If you are looking for more information on sealants, coatings, or anything else, do not hesitate to check out our Detailing Guide as well.
The HydroSilex Recharge is an Sio2 based, easy to apply, spray on protection product! In short you can mist it on clean paint, wipe away any excess product and get durable protection that looks great! The unique chemical makeup of water-based Silica Dioxide makes this formula a pioneer in detailing. Once cured, Recharge morphs from liquid to a highly flexible transparent top layer, that adds gloss, and protects various surfaces from the elements. Use Recharge on boats, planes, cars, trucks, showers, kitchens, motorcycles, bicycles, lawnmowers, glass, plastic, metals, fiberglass, vinyl, paint protection film, wheels, wood, Plastic-Dip, stone, countertops, single stage paints, gel coats, clear coat finishes and so much more. To apply, HydroSilex recommends three application types, Dry Surface, Foam Cannon, or a Wet Application. Take a look at the in-depth application instructions below. Once applied, you will be wowed by the hydrophobic effect, extreme gloss, UV protection, slick surface and self-cleaning effect. Under premium circumstances, such as surface type, environment, usage, condition, and cleaning, Recharge can last up to 6 months. If you are looking for an easy to apply stand-alone protection or coating topper, the HydroSilex Recharge is a great choice!
Dry Surface Application:
1. Spray Hydrosilex Recharge onto clean vehicle surfaces. A light mist is all that is required!
2. Follow up immediately and dry with a clean microfiber towel. No dwell time is necessary.
3. Buff with an additional clean microfiber towel if necessary.
Wet Surface Application (NOT RECOMMENDED, Unless you are a well trained pro):
1. During the wash process, rinse the vehicle.
2. Spray Hydrosilex Recharge onto all wet exterior surfaces. Apply a light application per panel or section. Do not allow Recharge to dry on the surface. A typical application will take about 2 to 3 ounces of Recharge.
3. Rinse treated surfaces immediately before Recharge dries on the surface until water runs clear.
4. Dry vehicle properly with a microfiber towel.
Foam Cannon Application (NOT RECOMMENDED, Unless you are a well trained pro):
1. Once the wash final rinse process is complete, fill the foam cannon dispenser bottle with Hydrosilex Recharge.
2. Apply to Hydrosilex Recharge utilizing the foam cannon on all exterior surfaces of the vehicle. use approximately 250 ml per vehicle.
3. Rinse treated surfaces with water thoroughly until water runs clear.
4. Dry vehicle properly with a clean microfiber towel.
Hey, it’s James with Detailed Image. So we are back again and today we’re going to be talking about HydroSilex Recharge. HydroSilex Recharge is a silica based spay on sealant. It’s durability is about 4-6 months, depending obviously on driving conditions and maintenance and can be applied to a variety of surfaces. Recharge can be used as a stand alone protective sealant, or it can be used as a top-coat or booster for a ceramic coating layer. Some of the benefits of having Recharge on your car are going to be water beading, gloss, slickness and a self cleaning effect. Like most protective products, surface preparation is the key to getting the most out of durability and performance. I always recommend a proper wash and decontamination of the paint to remove any contamination, so that Recharge can properly bond to the surface. Now let’s go over the step by step process on how to apply Recharge. I recently spoke to HydroSilex directly and they recommended, based on the high concentration of silica in the product, to mist a little bit of water onto a panel first and then apply 2-3 sprays of Recharge. Then you want to use the two towel method, the first microfiber towel to evenly distribute the product and the second microfiber towel to remove all of the remaining residue. It’s always important to work on a cool, dry surface and apply the product one panel at a time. Unlike conventional protection products, like a carnauba wax, Recharge does not leave behind any white residue, which means you’re not fighting it on trim and body seams and clear bra edges and stuff like that. Which just makes Recharge that much more versatile for a variety of surfaces like paint, like wheels, trim, glass, you name it, it works on everything. So if you are looking for a versatile, easy to use, high performing, spray sealant, HydroSilex Recharge might be something to consider.