Implementation – Where the Rubber Meets the Road
Step three of the RPIE Process, Implementation is for most the “fun” part. It’s where you actually execute on your research and planning.
Theme and Key Messages
The theme is what ties your communication campaign together. It should be no more than three or four words and capture the intent of your messaging. It should be catchy, memorable, and concise – think in terms of hashtags. Operating on our previous example of increasing sales of our entry-level detailing package, let’s go with “Don’t Stress”.
- What needs to be communicated in order to change behavior
- Must be compelling and resonate with the target audience
- Moving is stressful enough – let us help!
- Shipping a car? Been there, done that – call us!
- The details matter – and we’re good at them!
- Shipping a vehicle? We can help!
Tactics are the meat of the plan – and the step almost everyone inevitably jumps to immediately. But as we’ve learned over the past few articles, the research and planning need to drive the tactics. We have already identified:
- Audience: (service members, particularly those preparing to move and turn in a lease, ship, or sell a vehicle)
- Medium: Social media (specifically Facebook and Instagram)
- Time frame: Lunch and early evening (driven by social media analytics from the Research stage)
- Format: Simple graphical ad
So off we go to Canva.com to build a quick ad, and we’re ready to execute!
Now we have the ad – what are we going to do with it? Next in the series we’re going to tackle targeting and boosting – stay tuned!