This is the second part of a four-part article series by James Melfi of Auto Nuvo. In this series, James takes a beautiful jet black Porsche 918 Spyder and performs various detailing steps. Everything from inspection, washing, drying, polishing and even clear bra installation will be covered! To view all of the articles in this series click here.
Once the vehicle was fully corrected, we brought it outside and rewashed the car removing any polishing dust buildup. We then wiped the paintwork twice with IPA, preparing the surface for the paint protection film installation. We wanted to ensure there wasn’t any contamination on the paint prior to laying down the film.
The plan was to cover every exterior panel as well as the carbon fiber door sills. Our top coated, 7 mills thick paint protection film adds rock chip and scratch resistance, and protects the super soft paint from etchings and wash induced marring. Since the paint was so soft, wrapping the entire vehicle will allow the finish to stay in much better condition without the worry of marring during each wash. We tucked and wrapped all the edges for a much better overall appearance.
In part 3, James will apply a ceramic coating and share some awesome final photos
- Projects l Porsche 918 Spyder l Inspection l Decontamination l Paint Correction (Part 1)
- Projects | Porsche 918 Spyder | Track Day Maintenance (Part 4)
- Projects l Porsche 918 Spyder l Ceramic Coating l Final Photos (Part 3)
- Projects | Land Rover Defender 90 | Correction | Clear Bra | Coating
- Projects | Jaguar E-Type | Paint Correction | Clear Bra | Modesta Coatings