On June 12th, Levi, Dane, Morgan, and Anthony from The Rag Company graced everyone here at DI with their presence. They toured the DI warehouse, took some photos, videos, filmed a podcast with our co-owner Greg, along with leaving with some sweet Detailer swag! Not only did we have an awesome time with them, but we learned a bunch about The Rag Company and just microfiber in general. Below are some of the things we learned!
- Wash all microfiber as soon as you get it and wash only the same towels together for best results. Every towel can have some linting or even some dirt from the processing plant, shipping, etc. This first step helps remove any of this and provides you with the best results possible. When washing, make sure to use cold water, gentle cycle and microfiber specific shampoo. Any fabric softeners can damage the pours of the microfiber. When drying, as little heat as possible is best. Heat can actually melt the fibers, ruining the towel.
- Their inspection process for their towels is extensive. Each towel is inspected at the factory and at The Rag Company location. Tons are in great shape, but many are also rejected. It’s very thoroughly done and it helps ensure perfection for us here at DI and all of our awesome customers.
- They don’t own the microfiber factories but they are the biggest client at some of them and have lots of control. This is a huge advantage as most other microfiber companies lack this type of input or control.
- A big part of TRC is their fantastic media. They film various detailing videos, podcasts, industry interviews, and they are always traveling the world for more content. They have committed tremendous resources to the media side of their business, with new studio space being developed, several staffers dedicating long hours, and also investing in great equipment. They are expanding again shortly and will be able to have more studio space for even more great content!
- Many towels can easily take a year plus to develop. Ideas that are developed work with the mfg to create, test, tweak, give feedback and test, tweak, repeat until perfection is achieved. The owner is often even inspecting towels!
Take a look at the videos of this visit below, which include a podcast, warehouse tour of our facility and a shipping deep dive covering exactly what happens after your order is placed to when it leaves our warehouse doors.
- Product Review: P&S Rags to Riches Premium Microfiber Detergent
- Video: Menzerna Heavy Cut Compound 400 | How to Compound Black Paint
- The Rag Company – WOWO’s, The Gauntlet & Microfiber Care – SEMA 2019
- Video | Griot’s Garage G9 Orbital Initial Impressions
- Video | Griot’s Garage G9 Random Orbital Unboxing