Much like most exotics, this Aston Martin V8 Vantage was full of manufacturer D/A sand marks, rids, pigtails and other fine scratches. This detail took 3 days and was completed in Tampa FL. After the correction was complete, all materials were protected with a range of Swissvax products on the wheels, tires, trim, paint and metal surfaces. I used many other products which can be purchased directly at Detailed Image and you can find a list of them below!
- Rupes LHR15
- Flex PE 14 Rotary
- Porter Cable
- Megs cutting and finishing disc’s (3″ and 5″)
- Meg’s 105 and 100
- Various foam pads, 3″
- Sonax Wheel Cleaner
- P21s Auto Wash
- Clay Magic
- Metro Vac
- DI Microfiber
- Isopropyl Alcohol
Through this write up I’m going to show a lot of variations of manufacturer D/A sand marks. More often than not the buyers of these types of vehicles don’t see the defects left behind. A simple polish or a light wax from the dealership or whomever, will very easily mask over most of these marks and this doesn’t mean that they’re not there (even with a brand new purchases). After a decontamination and full IPA wipe down, we can see the paint how it really is. I personally love these types of details and even more so when the amount of marks found indicate that the car has never been corrected! After a full paint correction like this, you’re left with a better than the day it left the factory finish! You will also be left with the car displaying more luster than it ever has before.
To start off this detail a full wash, decontamination and wheel cleaning was performed.
Above are the wheels after agitating with the Sonax Wheel Cleaner. The P21s Total Auto Wash was used on the wheel wells for a good cleaning. Getting rid of the gunked up excessive tire shine and the barrels of the wheels took some time to get completely clean.
Below are a few pictures of the after wash process. A full IPA wipe down was performed and a few small pieces were removed.
A clay bar container was used to prop the hood up
The lower end of the car and rockers had my attention, as both of these areas were really bad on both sides of the car.
Work in progress below.
Below you can see smaller clusters at the bottom of the fender.
Here they were handled.
Under the bonnet the trim, piping, hoses etc. were protected with Nano Express.
I started the correction process at the rear of the car (Lower rear bumper, trunk lid etc.). This area I find with not just with this car, but with most, feature the larger groups of “clusters” from D/A sanding rids. I worked my way from the back to the top, the front and then down the sides. The lower rockers and the bottom of the door seals were also heavily rid’ed. I used up a ton of pads in this detail which included a lot of 3′ cutting disc’s. Having a clean pad helps cut these ares a little faster with less passes. The 3″ foam pads on the rotary also helped me get into tighter areas with precision.
I hope you liked checking out this detail and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!