- Are you looking to protect your vehicle and keep it looking its best – long term?
- Have your past vehicles collected many paint chips that bothered you?
- Do you want your vehicle to keep its value longer?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above, then Paint Protection Film or Clear Bra is the perfect solution to protect your vehicle.
What is PPF, Clear Bra, and Paint Protection Film?
Paint Protection Film, otherwise known as Clear Bra or PPF, is the best solution to protect your vehicle from damage caused by road debris or daily life.
To explain it quickly; PPF is a layer of transparent plastic film laid over surfaces for protection. Think of it similarly to laminating a piece of paper.
This thick durable layer of plastic protection grants you peace of mind, knowing your vehicle surfaces will remain in their best state.
How Does PPF, Clear Bra, and Paint Protection Film Protect Vehicle Surfaces?
Paint Protection Film (a.k.a. PPF or Clear Bra) acts as a clear shield, guarding surfaces against rock chips and road debris. This durable layer of clear plastic film averages 8-10mils thick.
This is anywhere from ~125-190% thicker than most modern paint jobs. It’s is worth mentioning that PPF is about 100-125 times thicker than most ceramic coatings, which average at 1-2 microns of thickness.
The thick plastic construction of Clear Bra enables it to effectively deflect or absorb the force of road impacts of up to ~100mph. On applied panels, PPF guards surfaces against the most daily activities of life such as road debris, kids, dogs, shopping carts, and other drivers opening doors too quickly.
Can’t Decide if PPF is for You? Take this Quick 5 Question Quiz
Ultimately, deciding if PPF is the best option for you, often comes down to the level at which you value your vehicle.
To help you better see these factors for yourself we’ve designed a quiz. Here’s a 5 question Yes/No quiz designed to help you to better understand if PPF is valuable vehicle protection for you or not:
- Do you really love, appreciate, and cherish your vehicle?
- Will a Rock Chip bother you every time you notice it?
- Do you want your vehicle to look its best, and maintain optimal value, over the course of ownership?
- Would you rather pay less for PPF protection than to repaint damaged surfaces that potentially won’t perfectly match the original paint?
- Do you live or work in environments that are likely to regularly cause damage to your vehicle surfaces over time?
If you answered “YES” to more than 3 or more of the 5 questions then you should strongly consider protecting your vehicle with PPF.
The personal peace of mind, as well as the long-term value that Paint Protection Film adds to vehicles, is without equal.
To read all of the articles in the Buyers Guide to PPF series, click here!