The DI Foam Lance is a great tool to add to your detailing arsenal. This product is both fun and effective when properly implemented into your washing routine Be sure to read my article on How to Implement a Foam Lance into your Washing Routine for more information and if you are looking for a breakdown on how to set up your Foam Lance, take a look at the great article written by Greg Gellas by clicking here.
Note: Product shown with DI Karcher Foam Lance Fitting (black “t-shaped” fitting opposite of the nozzle) This accessory is not included with the Foam Lance, but can be purchased separately.
The DI Accessories Foam Lance will allow you to spray a layer of foamy shampoo on your vehicle’s exterior when attached to your pressure washer! Just pour any shampoo in the reservoir, connect to a pressure washer and start spraying foam on the exterior. The light and fluffy shampoo mix will produce a thick coating of foam that stays on the exterior and doesn’t run off. The shampoo will instantly create a slick surface that starts to break down contaminants and loosen them for safe removal with your wash mitt. This means your washing process is safer and more effective! This Foam Lance features an adjustable intake, so you can increase or decrease the amount of foam created. Another great feature is the various spray patterns available to meet your needs, with a simple twist of the nozzle you can go from a 0 degree jet to 50 degree fan pattern. You can use this Foam Lance with virtually any pressure washer that is between 700 to 3000 PSI. Therefore if you own a pressure washer and want to clean your vehicle look no further then the DI Accessories Foam Lance!
This unit is designed to work with majority of pressure washers but if you have a Karcher you may need to pick up the DI Accessories Karcher K Series Foam Lance Fitting. If you don’t have a pressure washer but you do have a regular garden hose try a Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun, which also works great.
Allow me to show you how I use the DI Foam Lance with my electric pressure washer.
1. Fill reservoir with warm water, but leave enough room for a few ounces of soap.
2. Add 3-4 ounces of your favorite car washing shampoo. In this example I am using approximately 3 ounces of Chemical Guys HoneyDew Snow Foam. The DI Accessories Pump Dispenser for 1 Gallon Bottle (pictured below) allows me to add the shampoo to the Foam Lance bottle super easy, no pouring and risk of spilling! Another great feature is that one full pump is about 1 ounce of shampoo!
Note: For instructional purposes, I have added the soap prior to adding the water to demonstrate exactly how much soap is used – you may find that you need more or less soap depending on your particular situation.
3. Attach the nozzle to reservoir by screwing the reservoir onto the threaded component of the nozzle.
4. Gently shake, turn, or swirl the assembly to help mix the soap and water together. Remember to use warm water, as mentioned in Step 1. This helps to easily mix the soap and water together to create a uniform solution.
5. Attach the foam lance to your pressure washer spray gun (be sure to purchase the appropriate adapter for your pressure washer, like the DI Karcher Adapter that is required for certain Karcher Electric Pressure Washers)
6. Aim and Fire! Simply point the lance towards your vehicle and squeeze the trigger on your pressure washer spray gun.
7. You may now adjust the nozzle to your desired spray pattern by turning the end of the nozzle and, if needed, adjust the mixing ratio using the knob on the top of the foam lance to achieve the necessary foam thickness.
The following photo shows the narrowest spray setting.
The following photo shows the widest spray setting.
I prefer to use a spray setting somewhere in the middle, as shown in the image below.
I find the DI Foam Lance to be a very useful tool when my vehicle is particularly dirty or when I need to strip any remaining wax or sealant from the vehicle with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Shampoo. It is a quick and easy way to apply a nice layer of foam to your vehicle to remove dirt and contaminates before you begin your normal wash process. Hopefully this has inspired you to pickup a foam lance for yourself! You’ll enjoy using it, and you’re sure to get some attention from the neighbors!
Thanks for reading!