Mike and Greg, Co-Owners of DI, will be heading out to SEMA 2014 and they couldn’t be more excited to be at this great show for the third year in a row! SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association), is the world’s largest automotive product trade event and it takes place in the Las Vegas Convention Center from November 4th through November 7th. Not only will you be able to find some of the finest automotive eye candy in this gigantic two million square foot center, but the show provides attendees with educational seminars, product demonstrations, special events, networking opportunities, celebrity appearances, beautiful models, new product announcements, and so much more. The 2013 SEMA Show featured all of these great things, plus a flood of new parts and pieces, cars, vinyl wraps, and more brought directly to the show floor. Exhibitor participation was up 5% overall and the show was once again a huge success!
This year DI will once again be reporting LIVE via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and our Ask A Professional Detailer Blog. We have already been tipped off that there will be some new product announcements that you will want to hear about, including a pretty big announcement from one of our largest vendors! SONAX, Meguiar’s, Chemical Guys, Rupes, Optimum, CarPro, and NanoSkin are just some of the many manufacturers that will be at the show. Keep an eye out for Jon “Bones” Jones, Barry Meguiar, Chip Foose, and Richard Petty are a few of the many celebrities who will be making an appearance. Stay tuned to our social media pages from November 4th – November 7th and if you plan on attending please let us know and don’t forget to take a look at Greg’s SEMA Do & Don’t list below! We will be doing giveaways throughout the show as well, so find us for your free swag! If you can not attend this event, no need to worry. We will keep you posted on all the new detailing products, celebrity appearances, car industry news and any new information our manufacturers pass along to us. Stay tuned here from November 4th to November 7th and make Detailed Image your stop for all of your SEMA 2014 coverage!
SEMA Do & Don’t List
I would recommend you Do …
- Stretch, drink water, stop and eat, it’s a ton of walking and talking
- Have fun, introduce yourself to people and open up to new ideas and concepts
- Grab your favorite free stuff but don’t let it weigh you down and slow you up, how much do you really need?
- Make sure you see some of your favorites booths early because time flies and you may not make it otherwise
- Check out each major section, even if it’s not “your thing” you may be amazed at what catches your eye
- Wear comfortable shoes, you’re walking and standing basically the whole day
- Arrive early and give yourself plenty of time to see as much as possible
- Bring hand sanitizer
- Ask questions and get involved so you maximize your time there
I would recommend you Do Not …
- Bring a rolling suit case for all your free stuff, it’s tough to keep track of and to steer through the crowds, again how much free stuff do you really need?
- Don’t make a rigid time schedule, it’s okay to have a plan but be flexible because you’re going to spend extra time at some booths, have some great conversations and view demonstrations that could delay you
- Wait on line for a custom made sub, it was mediocre at best and it was almost 30 minutes of waiting, instead get a pre-made one that is virtually just as fresh
- Visit the food court, the concession stands in the corners were much faster and the food was better relatively speaking
- Plan on getting a cab quickly after the show, a few thousand people have the same idea
- Count on your phone working 100%, reception was spotty for every virtually every carrier, even phones with 4G LTE
Below are a few shots from SEMA Show 2013!
If you are interested in seeing more great photos and information from last years SEMA Show, check out these articles below:
- Welcome to SEMA 2013! [SEMA Show 2013]
- SEMA Show Day 1 Recap [SEMA Show 2013]
- SEMA Show Day 2 Recap [SEMA Show 2013]
- SEMA Show Day 3 Recap [SEMA Show 2013]
- SEMA Show Day 4 Recap [SEMA Show 2013]
- SEMA Show 2013 Wrap Up
- New Menzerna 300 and more! [SEMA Show 2014]
- Chemical Guys TORQ 10FX Random Orbital Polisher Available for Pre-Order + Photos [SEMA Show 2014]
- Meguiar’s MT300 Dual Action Polisher Available for Pre-Order [SEMA Show 2014]
- New SONAX Fallout Cleaner Available for Pre-Order [SEMA Show 2014]
- New Optimum Products: MDR & FerreX [SEMA Show 2014]