If time is money and/or water spots drive you nuts you need the CR Spotless Water De-ionizer System. I’ve had this system for 5 years now and it felt it was time for a quick update on the system. I previously did an article here on the system and you can refer to that for a quick overview of how to use this system and my thoughts on the initial use. Please refer to these articles before reading my update.
Questions Answered Directly From The Owner:
Early this summer I was in San Diego California for a quick trip with the family and drove out to the CR Spotless factory. I missed seeing the owner but wanted to get some questions answered that people often ask me. I’ve been chatting with the owner via email and got some questions answered that I would like to share.
- Can I run soft water though the system to help conserve my media?
- Most water softeners are sodium-based; therefore, they add more salts into the water, making it harder for the system to be used.
- What is the ideal PPM to change the Media?
- You should change the resin when the meter reaches 020.
- Can the media be recharged?
- We are looking into regenerating the resin in the near future; however, we currently do not have a way of doing so.
- Are all mix bed medias okay use in this?
- Although mix bed medias will work, they will not perform the same. Our medias are designed specifically for our use and provides the greatest yield.
- Is DI water harmful to metals? That might be in my pressure washer
- DI water is harmful to all metals that are not protected, meaning they have a coating or stainless steel. However, they are only harmful if they are in constant contact with that metal. Pressure washer pumps use the minerals in the water as a lubricating agent. If you run DI water and do not follow up with raw water for about 30 seconds to a minute, that pump will dry up and seize.
Changes In The Tanks Design:
The clear tanks inside the blue cylinders have been altered so you don’t have to use the metal washer inside. So if you get a new cylinder take out the metal washer before use. I’ve had some issues with the round filter inside the clear tanks breaking off, the new design was to address this and other minor concerns as well. In short, like the new tanks!
My Opinion After 5 Years Of Use:
I just love my system! When I get a chance to wash my cars its usually in full sun in less than ideal conditions. CR Spotless allows me to wash in these conditions and I don’t get spots. On mobile jobs I load up the tanks on wheels and go. I can wash 2-3 cars at once and don’t have to dry them because there is NO fear of spotting. My soap use is down as the DI water increases the effectiveness of the soaps also. My per use cost is like 1$ a wash now as I only have to pay for media! Again, I really enjoy the CR Spotless Water De-ionizer System and highly recommend it to anyone!