With overall durability and incredible glossy looks, coatings have stormed the market and are now extremely popular forms of protection. The application process is a little more labor-intensive when compared to traditional waxes and sealants, but if you are looking for years of protection, instead of weeks or months, taking the coating plunge is highly recommended. Below are 5 consumer level coatings that we’ve recently added to our coatings selection. If you are looking to try out a coating, or a new coating this spring/summer season, these are the ones to reach for!
Poorboy’s World SuperHydrophobic Ceramic Coating Kit
Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Paint Ceramic Coating M788
3D Ceramic Coating
P&S Inspiration Ceramic Coating
Honorable Mention: The above coatings are new and exciting, but do not forget about some of the old staples. Coatings like the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Coating, and Gyeon Pure are a few years old, but offer fantastic levels of protection and gloss. While these are not “new” they will not be going anywhere soon as they are popular staples umong the coatings category.
The above coatings are fantastic when you are looking to protect your paint, or even hard-coated plastics (i.e. headlights & taillights), metal (i.e. rims), glass surfaces, etc. However, if you are looking for the best protection possible on other surfaces and areas, check out Trim Coatings, Wheel Coatings, Glass Coatings, Leather Coatings, and Fabric Coatings. These coatings are specially formulated for these unique areas, allowing you to protect in the best way possible. Below is the list of our favorites from each category!
- Trim Coating: IGL Ecocoat Trim
- Wheel Coating: 22ple VM1
- Glass Coating: Gtechniq G1
- Leather Coating: CarPro Cquartz Leather
- Fabric Coating: Gyeon Fabric Coat
Do not forget to check out these great articles to help guide you through the process of applying and taking care of a coating!
- The Benefits of a Paint Coating
- Coating Application: How To Reduce Marring
- Maintaining Your Paint Coating
- What Coating Should I Buy?
- The Truth Behind Wild Coating Claims
- Coating Warranties…Valuable?
- Paint Defects And Paint Correction – Part 4 : Ceramic Coatings
- Nano Coatings: When to Replace & How to Recoat
- Layering Coatings: How Much is too Much?
- Dealership Coatings: Do They Actually Work?