I’ve always been a fan of the M product line, and the styling of the M4 is a real attention grabber. This vehicle was purchased with moderate water spot etchings and signs of many bad car washes from its time spent on the dealership lot. The new owner wanted us to restore it to its true glory and make it look like a new car should, so we set out to remove the majority of defects from the finish and apply a durable layer of protection to the paint and wheels.
To begin, the exterior of the vehicle was carefully washed and decontaminated. Since we were going to be removing the wheels, we did not worry about cleaning them during the regular wash process.
Once clean, the damage on the paint was easily visible. This brand new car looked worse than many used vehicles due to several very poor car washes at the dealership.
Water spot etchings covered only the front of the vehicle, a sign that perhaps the car was parked near a sprinkler on the dealer lot. Our two-step paint correction process removed these etchings, revealing a nearly flawless finish.
Here are some other before & after shots taken during the compounding process.
Side emblems were removed to allow for proper correction of the front fender
After the vehicle was compounded, a fine finishing polish was used to restore clarity, color, and gloss. Notice how much deeper the right side is after final polishing compared to the haze that was left after compounding.
During the process, the wheels were removed, deep cleaned, and nano coated.
While we had the wheels off, the wheel wells were cleaned up and dressed. The brake calipers were also cleaned and then nano coated.
I then applied a nice layer of 22ple’s premium professional coating, Mistico Elemento.
Look at that clarity and gloss after removing the coating residue.
I could stare at this car in the sun all day. This tanzanite blue metallic individual paint was absolutely ridiculous.
We work on a lot of great looking vehicles, but this paint color has to be one of my absolute favorite. The metallic flake is brilliant!
- Tire Cleaning: Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner, Tuf Shine Tire Brush
- Wheel Cleaning: Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus, Hyper Wash, Bucket & Grit Guard, EZ Detail Brush, Wheel Woolies, Wheel Brush
- Washing: Meguiar’s Hyper Wash, DI Foam Lance, Buckets & Grit Guards, Microfiber Mitt, 1″ Boars Hair Brush
- Drying: DI Waffle Weave Towel, Metro Master Blaster
- Paint Decontamination: Nanoskin Fine Grade Mitt, Nanoskin Glide
- Paint Correction: Griot’s BOSS Fast Correcting Cream, Meguiar’s Microfiber Cutting Pad, Black & Yellow Microfiber Towels
- Paint Polishing: CarPro Essence, Rupes Yellow Polishing Pad, Black & Yellow Microfiber Towels
- Machines Used: Rupes LHR21ES Mark II, Rupes LHR15ES Mark II, Rupes 75e, Griot’s BOSS G21
- Paint Cleansing: CarPro Eraser, Double Thick Edgeless Towel
- Paint Protection: 22ple Mistico Elemento
- Wheel Protection: 22ple VM1 Extreme Wheel Coating
- Tire Dressing: Forma RVP, Tuf Shine Applicator
- Glass: Meguiar’s D120
- Metal: Chemical Guys Metal Polish