AAP Blog Post Of The Month!
Just applied a new coating and wondering how to maintain it? Zach McGovern of Attention To Detailing will help walk you through some great tips to do so in this article!
Detailing Industry News!
- CarPro Iron X Iron Remover
- NanoSkin AutoScrub Fine Foam Pad
- Meguiar’s M105
- Rupes White Pad
- CarPro Eraser
- Cquartz Finest
- Tires: Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner and Tire Brush
- Wheels: Meguiar’s D103 (10:1) and various tools and brushes
- Foam Presoak: CarPro Iron X Snow Soap
- Wash: CarPro Iron X Snow Soap
- Iron/Fallout Removal: CarPro Iron X
- Tar Removal: Stoner Tarminator (a lot of it!)
- Road Paint Removal: Tarminator and Plastic Razor Blade
- Surface Decontamination: Medium Grade Speedy Prep Towel
- Paint Thickness Readings Taken
- Taped trim and areas of concern
- Compound/Cut: Meguiar’s M101 on 5.5″ Orange LC pad via Rupes LHR21ES and 3″ pads via Rupes LHR75e
- Polish: Meguiar’s M205 on White LC Polishing Pads via GG 3rd Gen
- Coating Prep Wash: IPA Presoak, then washed with ONR
- Further Coating Prep: CarPro Eraser Wipe down
- Ceramic Paint Coating: CarPro CQuartz Finest (2 coats)
- Other Protection: CarPro Reload
- Wheels: CarPro Reload
- Tires: Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel
- Exhaust: CG Metal Polish + Protection
- Glass: Meguiar’s D120
- Trim: Solution Finish
- Degrease/Clean: Meguiar’s D103, agitated with various brushes.
- Blown Dry: Master Blaster
- Plastic: Dressed with 303
- Rubber: Dressed with CG Black on Black
New Detailed Image Products!
- CarPro DLUX Plastic and Wheel Coating – This semi-permanent coating contains more than 50% pure silica and it will help protect and restore your automotive pieces for up to one year!
- CarPro PERL Plastic Engine Rubber Leather Protectant – Restore and protect your rubber, plastics, vinyl, acrylic, and leather with ease!
- CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloths – Great for applying the CarPro Cquartz, along with any other coating super thin and easy!
- HighLine Meter Paint Thickness Gauges – Measure the depth of your paint with this great machine that comes as a great value!
Take a look at all of our new products by clicking here.
Detailed Image News!
Every once and awhile the DI Team gets together and goes out for a bite to eat. Last month we all went to our local 5 Guys and ordered burgers. Not just any burger though, a “Grilled Cheese Burger”! This secret menu item utilizes a grilled cheese instead of the regular buns and it is simply delicious!
DI Co-Owner Mike and his Grilled Cheese Burger!
Photo of the Month!
Anthony Huynh of Bon Vivant Automotive Care has two great articles worth reading! In the first, Anthony was dealing with a female customer in a candid way; explaining detailing as an analogy to make up. In the second, he explains why “time” is such an important term in detailing.
Automotive Industry News!
The 4.2 million dollar one-off F12 roadster, the F12 TRS, was finally debuted! jalopnik.com
Which auto maker did Morgan Stanley say is the worlds most important! Clue: they are pictured below. autos.yahoo.com
Sonax Detailer’s Workshop: July 28-30 – Join Sonax in Indianapolis for a workshop presented by them and Flex, which is catered to detailer’s! Dimi Habemeier from Sonax Germany will be on hand demonstrating how to correctly use SONAX products. Also joining them will be Bob & Chris from FLEX as well as Renny Doyle. Cost is $75 and availability is limited. RSVP today!
Thanks for reading and if you like this article check out the Detailing Enthusiasts Monthly June Edition!
- 2020 Holiday Car Detailing Gift Guide & Ideas
- BLO Car Dryer: An Introduction & Top Posts from September!
- Advice For Business Owners During Difficult Times
- Video: Menzerna Heavy Cut Compound 400 | How to Compound Black Paint
- 3 Questions You Should be Asking EVERY Correction and Coating Client & Top 5 Posts from June 2020!