The ghouls, ghosts, and goblins have come and gone with Halloween this year and while eating all that leftover candy, it hits you, the holiday season is finally upon us! From friends and family to taking part in various traditions, this is an exciting time no matter what you celebrate. But with all that excitement, comes some stress. What gifts should I buy my loved ones this year!? This question can be easy, but often times confusing, stressful and downright frustrating. Good thing everyone here at DI is here to help!
Below you will find various recommendations to help you find the perfect gift to stop your loved one in their path and simply say, WOW! And hopefully followed by a hug, kiss, maybe a heck yea, you get the idea! With this list below we tried to highlight gifts from expensive polishers to smaller, but still important shampoos, wash mitts, and everything in between. Find the corresponding number to each image at the bottom for more information on each product. If you do not like the recommendations from us, our Ask-A-Pro Detailers, or simply have an extra picky loved one, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you find the best gift for you!
Detailed Image Recommendations:
- Rupes Polishers – From the legacy LHR 21 ES, more powerful Mark II 21, to the mini iBrid Nano kit, Rupes has polishers for any detailer or detailing step desired. Think of these units as the Lamborghini of car detailing machines, if you want to really wow the detailer in your family, these units will do the trick!
- Gyeon MOHS & Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light – Coatings have quickly become all the rage in the detailing industry and with the super glossy looks, along with the incredible durability, it is easy to see why! With the Gyeon MOHS and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, you have two of our best sellers that will make any detailer happy this holiday season. Check out our coatings page, including applicators, for all of our coating offerings as well.
- Meguiar’s D166 – Every year companies release products at the SEMA show, but Meguiar’s released this gem of a product beforehand. If your detailer likes to combine detailing steps to save time, the D166 will help you remove imperfections and protect the paint in one easy to use formula.
- Meguiar’s Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax – Ease of use is a huge selling point for many detailing products on the market. With the X-Press Spray Wax, a simple spray on, wipe off, application process makes this product one of our best sellers. Plus, the protection and gloss left behind is fantastic!
- Wash Mitts – Most imperfections come from improper washing and drying techniques, so it is paramount to have a high-quality wash mitt or sponge on hand. We carry many different options to choose from, which are sure to make your detailer smile! To highlight a few, the DI Microfiber Chenille Wash Mitt features extra long microfiber strands to help trap and safely remove contamination. The DI Microfiber 2 in 1 Chenille Wash Mitt and Scrubber features one side microfiber stands, the other a though, yet gentle mesh to help remove heavy contamination. Want something a little more durable, the Optimum Big Red Sponge sucks up lots of dirt, grime, soap and lasts a long time.
- Shampoos – From the Chemical Guys Maxi Suds (great all around shampoo), to the CarPro Rest (great option for cars with a layer of coating applied), we carry many different shampoos to help you or your detailer buddy clean your car with ease. They all come at a great value as well, making them a perfect gift idea!
- Microfiber Towels – As a detailer, you can never have too many microfiber towels laying around and we have so many for you to choose from. Looking to dry your car, the Waffle Weave Towel is great. Want something super thick and plush to wow your detailer, the Deep Blue towel is really nice. Do not forget to check out the “Best Seller” badge next to our best selling products as well. Any product marked with this badge is a favorite among our customers!
- SEMA Releases – Each and every year, companies release some new and exiting products to the detailing community. This year was no exception! From CarPro BugOut, GLISS, 22ple Finitura, to cordless polishers from FLEX, there is something for everyone. Check out all of our SEMA announcements by clicking here.
- DI Gear – Lastly we have great DI products that make a great gift like the popular Under Armour Detailer Shirt and Hoodie, DetailedImage.com T-shirt, Tool Bags, and the 2018 Poster Calendars are also in.
Ask-A-Pro Author Recommendations:
- CarPro EcH2o – A versatile concentrate that works great for waterless washing, rinseless washing, and quick detailing. A quick and easy way to keep your car spotless.
- Gyeon Cure – Apply your protection in under 15 minutes. This product is easy to use, looks great, and repels water very nicely.
- Gilmour Foamaster II – A low cost barrier to entry to foaming your vehicle. Not only a ton of fun, but is very effective in cleaning and adding great lubricity.
- Foam Swabs – Great stocking stuffer that is extremely versatile and really helps not only clean tight areas, but apply dressings as well.
- Stoner More Shine – This is one of the easiest tire shines you will ever use. The tire is dressed in seconds and stays that way for a few weeks.
- Wheel Woolies Kit – I couldn’t imagine cleaning wheels without these anymore, and having the kit makes it easy to clean just about any wheel.
- Griot’s Garage PFM Towels – Love these towels and they’ve now replaced all of my other drying towels.
- Griot’s Garage 6″ Polisher – The GG6 is still the go-to tool for beginners wanting to learn how to polish their own cars and can be delegated to 3-4″ work if and when they want to graduate to a more professional tool.
- CarPro HydroFoam – Great easy way to boost protection and add gloss and slickness while washing your vehicle.
- GTechniq EXO – Easy to use consumer coating that looks great and seems to keep the paint looking cleaner longer than some other coatings I compared it to.
- CarPro Iron X – While it stinks, it’s still awesome at removing contamination from the surface.
Still Not Sure What to Buy?
- Grab a DI Gift Certificate and let the detailer choose! This Gift Certificate is automatically emailed to you and you can print it out, or forward the email along to the recipient.