Detailed Image Recommendations:
Griot’s Garage G9 Random Orbital Polisher
Released just before SEMA, this polisher combines high-end features (1,000-watt, 8.5 amp motor, 9mm orbit) with an incredible price point of $149. Add in a detachable cord for easy storage and the G9 makes a great gift for a weekend warrior or a professional detailer
Coating Topper/Spray on Sealants
(i.e. HydroSilex Recharge, CarPro Reload, Gyeon WetCoat, and More)
Spray on sealants are generally not as durable as the traditional versions, but they are easier to apply. Just spray on, wipe off. No waiting for them to haze and many can be applied directly to trim, glass, metals, etc. Most are also sio2 based, which makes them the perfect topper to protect an existing coating layer!
The Rag Company Microfiber Towels
From the Eagle Edgeless to the Buttersoft Suede Applicator Cloth, the Rag Company has many high-end microfiber choices great for any detailing step. High-quality microfiber is absolutely essential for any detailer, making them an awesome gift.
IK Foam Pro 12 Sprayer
Think of this sprayer like the IK Foam Pro 2 Sprayer, but on steroids. It is a larger size (6L usable capacity), has the Pro 2 improvements in the base, sprayer and safely pressure system. Add in the feature to attach this unit to your air compressor and no more pumping! Overall, it is a great gift for someone looking to foam up their car without using a foam lance or cannon.
Detail Guardz Dirt Lock Pad Washer
This pad washer attaches to your Detail Guardz Dirt Lock and allows you to easily clean your polishing pads. Combine that with the Detail Guardz Polishing Pad Spray Cleaner and you have a great pad cleaning system.
ColourLock Leather Care
From leather cleaners, conditioners, protectants, dyes, along with fabric cleaners and protectors, Colourlock has various products in their product line to help you tackle not only detailing steps but around the house repairs as well.
First and foremost, these masks are lightweight and incredibly comfortable. Add in the F1 filters with active carbon and you can protect your lungs when using various detailing chemicals.
Every year SEMA comes around and manufacturers release new and exciting products, this year was no exception! From a polisher like the Flex PXE 80 12-EC/2.5 Set to a product like Gtechniq EC Easy Coat, there were some awesome releases no matter your price range. Plus, these are brand new so you know your detailer is less likely to have one in their collection already. Take a look at all of the releases from SEMA by clicking here.
- CarPro Ech2o Concentrated Waterless Wash – The most versatile waterless wash, use it on the paint, glass and even interior.
- CarPro Suede Microfiber Towels – Perfect to keep in the car for quick touch screen touch up.
- DI Brushes Meduum Duty Speedy Drill Brush – Great for carpets in your car, but even better for use in your house, for bathrooms, sinks, etc.
- Scangrip Detailing Essentials Kit – One of the most important things you need in detailing is the ability to see what you are doing. Scangrip makes fantastic lighting products for detailers and this kit has 3 of my favorite products in a convenient package. All 3 lights make fantastic gifts on their own as well.
- Detail Factory Ultra Soft Detailing Brush – Getting into the cracks and crevices of the vehicle you are detailing is an essential part of the process. These are some of my favorite brushes, they are incredibly soft and safe for any surface. We have some designated for paint, interior and wheels in our shop. They make a great gift or stocking stuffer for the detailer on your list.
- Kwazar Pump and Trigger Sprayers – These are some of the nicest sprayers out there and every time I use one for a rinseless wash or to spread a chemical on a surface I am cleaning they are satisfying to use. Save the fingers and forearms of the detailer on your list by gifting them a pressurize sprayer or double pump trigger sprayer from Kwazar.
For those looking to remove some winter swirl blues this season, I suggest the following:
- 3D One – Such a versatile product to address any imperfection.
- Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Microfiber Pad – Cut and efficiency to remove those nasty swirls.
- Rupes BigFoot Mark III – The new standard in machine polishers.
Combine all 3 of these gift ideas and you’re ready to say goodbye to swirls!
- CarPro Hydro2 – The easiest way to protect your vehicle and is extremely slick.
- Gtechniq C2V3 – Easy to apply ceramic coating and lasts decently long from 4-6 months.
- Detailer Buffer Tool Bag – Easily transport your polishers and keep your cords consolidated.
Still Not Sure What to Buy?
Grab a DI Gift Certificate and let the detailer choose! This Gift Certificate is automatically emailed to you and you can print it out, or forward the email along to the recipient.