DeFelsko PosiTector 200 Coating Thickness Gage
Please note: discount codes do not apply to this item
- Measures several coating layers on the interior and exterior components
- Capable of graphing results on the screen so you can "see" the results
- Excellent tool for high end automotive auto detailing professionals and fine automobile collectors
- The top, clear coat layer is measured separately and individually.
- Product Codes: PosiTector 200 B1 Standard, PosiTector 200 B3 Advanced
- No Payments + No Interest for 6 months on orders over $99 with PayPal Credit. Learn more
- Read full description
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Product DescriptionThe PosiTector 200 non-destructively measures a wide variety of applications using proven ultrasound technology. Measures coating thickness over wood, concrete, plastics, composites, select metals, fiberglass and more. Please note it's not meant to be used on the metal substrate that composes many vehicles, its primary automotive application is for fiberglass and plastic surfaces. Advanced models measure up to 3 individual layer thicknesses in a multi-layer system and features a graphic readout for detailed analysis of the coating system.
Ready to measure - no adjustment required to measure most coatings
Enhanced one-handed menu navigation
Flashing display - ideal for noisy environment
RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant - weatherproof
Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
Two (2) year warranty on body AND probe
Certificate of Calibration (Long Form) showing traceability to NIST included
Responsive transducers provide fast, accurate readings
Proven non-destructive ultrasonic technique conforms to ASTM D6132 and ISO 2808
Universal gage body accepts all PosiTector 200, 6000, DPM, SPG, and UTG probes easily converting from a coating thickness gage to a dew point meter, surface profile gage or wall thickness gage
Hi Contrast backlit display for bright or dark environments
Selectable display languages
Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
Statistics - continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max thickness and number of thickness readings
USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous
power. USB cable included
PosiSoft solutions for viewing, analyzing & reporting data:
PosiSoft USB Drive - stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/ Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
PosiSoft.net account - a free web-based application offering secure storage of thickness readings
PosiSoft Software - Continue using the familiar desktop software you have used for years. Available as a free download.
PosiSoft Mobile -(Advanced models only) - access readings, graphs, capture photos and update notations through WiFi enabled devices such as tablets, smart phones and computers
Screen Capture - record and save image into USB flash memory for record keeping and review
Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
Software updates via web keep your gage current
PosiTector 200 B1 Standard
- Measure the total thickness of the coating system
- Monochrome display with transflective technology enhances readability in direct sunlight
- Storage of 250 readings in one group. Stored readings can be viewed or downloaded.
PosiTector 200 B3 Advanced
- Measure either the total thickness of a coating system OR up to 3 individual layer thicknesses in a multi-layer system
- Hi Contrast reversible color LCD
- Storage of 100,000 readings in up to 1,000 batches
- Batch Annotation - add notes and change batch names with onscreen QWERTY keyboard
- Graphic display for detailed analysis of the coating system
- WiFi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity
The complete application note "Paint Thickness Measurement on Plastic" and much more detailed information can be seen here: PosiTector 200 B/Adv
Professional Detailer Reviews
As a detailer in an ever more competitive business, getting a leg up on the competition is always useful. Having an ultrasonic thickness gauge like the Defelsko 200 Advanced allows you to prove your dedication to safety as well as your commitment to achieving the best results possible. If you work on exotics, or fiberglass cars, it might be the only way you can read paint thickness for some of your clients.
PosiTector 200 Coating Thickness Gage Overview
PosiTector - USB Mass Storage
Download measurements to a PC for printing or archiving.
PosiTector - Probe Overview
PosiTector 200 - Coating Thickness Measurement on Rough Surfaces
Sorry, there are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write a review!