CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pad - 5.25"
! We're sorry, this item is currently out of stock
This item is currently on backorder. Orders containing this item will ship as soon as we have the 5.25" CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pad in stock. Estimated ship date: 12/6/23.
- Remove orange peel without sanding!
- The equivalent of 2000 grit sandpaper
- 3/16" foam interlayer
- Designed for aftermaket paint job orange peel
- Product Codes: CP-55900-2pk, CP-559
- Read full description
Customer Reviews100% of customers said that they would buy this item again
Based upon 2 ratings
Product DescriptionThe CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pad helps you remove orange peel from your paint, smoothing out the surface and increasing gloss!
Orange Peel is the term commonly used to describe a slightly bumpy painted surface that resembles the texture of an orange's exterior skin. This generally comes from the painting process of the vehicle. As the paint is atomized and sprayed across the vehicle, it has the chance to not lay flat, causing the orange peel to stand out. Some paint jobs are better than others, however, the smoother and flatter the paint lays onto the surface, the higher the clarity you will see. For the finishes that contain orange peel, the CarPro Denim and CarPro Velvet pads are designed to help you remove it, without wet sanding.
The CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pads help reduce ugly orange peel and deep defects, while simultaneously polishing paint. The Denim pads are equivalent to 2000 grit sandpaper but you don't get the haze or dulling effect common with sandpaper and wet sanding. This provides you with a better-looking finish at a much faster rate. These pads do not feature any holes and have a foam interlayer so they gently hug curves without too much pressure. They are an ideal solution for fast and effective orange peel removal that last a long time!
If you are looking to rid your paint of ugly orange peel, pick up the CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pads!
Note: Denim Orange Peel Removal Pads are geared towards aftermarket re-paints where orange peel is a more prevalent issue. If you're working on a factory baked-on finish, then the CarPro Velvet Orange Peel Removal Pads would be ideal.
- Work a 2' x 2' section or larger to keep heat down as needed, but remember the larger the area the more time it will take to level orange peel and defects
- Begin working polish on low speed for a pass
- Step up speed to approximately 1100 rpm (adjust as needed)
- With proper lighting observe the level of orange peel removal while you work, noting precise surface contact without pressure to level ridges
- After completing each section wipe off paint with soft microfiber towel
- Brush pad in direction of fibers to remove residue
- Apply a couple more drops of polish for next section
- Switch out pads as needed when cut has been compromised and set aside to clean by hand
- Note that these pads are the equivalent of 2000 grit sandpaper
- Please only use these pads if you are sure the orange peel is in the upper (clear coat) and not the color coat layer
- Be careful near edges and body lines or avoid completely if you are not entirely secure in your knowledge of heavy defect removal
- Do not use without sufficient skill level knowledge of clear coat thickness in conjunction with a paint thickness gauge
- PLEASE NOTE: These pads are deceptive in their affressiveness. Use NO PRESSURE and observe the paint temperature often.
- Do not use without a paint gauge unless you have taken responsibility for moving forward without one.
Reviewed by William C. on 8/16/2021
Would they buy this item again? Yes
I am not experienced as a detailer, or a painter but hot damm these things took every bit of bad out of the clearcoat on the motorcycle parts I painted! Thoroughly impressed. Fantastic product. Take your time taking off so you don't have to add more
Reviewed by Frank D. on 4/26/2021
Would they buy this item again? Yes
Keep in mind I am a total amateur but this pad is awesome for removing orange peel as well as overall improvement of a panel if used expeditiously. I use it with Griots fast correcting cream and it works great. I have even used the pad by hand on occasion. It's a great add to your detailing arsenal.