Frequently Asked Questions
Is FedEx Ground Economy the same as FedEx SmartPost?
Yes. In 2021 FedEx renamed FedEx SmartPost to FedEx Ground Economy.
In the past, final delivery was made by the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), however FedEx is now often delivering these packages directly.
This service can be the most cost-effective option for small and light packages, packages being shipped to Alaska or Hawaii, or packages being shipped to locations that FedEx normally does not ship to. These would include PO Boxes, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands (please note that we currently do not ship to APO addresses or U.S. Territories that require customs forms).
Packages are typically delivered in 2 - 7 business days. Shipments outside the contiguous 48 states may take up to 3 weeks.
For more information, visit FedEx's official Ground Economy page.
More Shipping FAQs
- What shipping options are available?
- How do I get a shipping quote?
- Do you offer free shipping?
- Do you ship internationally?
- How long will it take to receive my package?
- Why is my USPS shipment taking so long to be delivered?
- Did USPS Ground Advantage replace Parcel Select and First Class Package Service?