Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light
($2.33 / ml)
($2.20 / ml)
- Paint coating that adds a beautiful gloss and durable protection
- Gtechniq proudly claims the protection will last 3 - 5 years
- Designed after the professional use only, Crystal Serum Pro
- Product Codes: CSL 0.03, CSL 0.05
- No Payments + No Interest for 6 months on orders over $99 with PayPal Credit. Learn more
- Read full description
Customer Reviews100% of customers said that they would buy this item again
Based upon 12 ratings
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Product DescriptionGtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) is a high quality coatings that will add an unbelievable amount of gloss, depth, and protection. It is so strong that right after you apply it you can't remove it with traditional polishes you would need to wetsand it. CSL was designed from the same DNA as the incredibly popular, but professional only Gtechniq Crystal Serum. The original Crystal Serum professional coating boasts a 7 year guarantee from Gtechniq and they took it upon themselves to make an easier to apply consumer product, which is Crystal Serum Light. While the original Crystal Serum is supposed to last 7 years, CSL will last approximately 3 - 5 years according to Gtechniq. CSL's ultra-durable, high-gloss, slick to the touch, 9h clear ceramic will reach about 80% of the CS Pro's performance (scratch and chemical resistance). When compared to the other consumer Gtechniq coatings (i.e. C1 Crystal Lacquer) it is about double the performance (scratch and chemical resistance). The gloss and shine of the paint is simply put, amazing, and your paint will really stand out above the rest. For the best results we highly recommend removing imperfections before application, like you would with any coating. Once your paint is thoroughly cleaned and prepped with an IPA or Panel Wipe wipe-down, apply CSL in a nice thin layer panel by panel. For in depth application tips check out the steps directly from Gtechniq below. Once applied, CSL will be resistant to chemicals ranging from pH2 - pH12. This means your paint will stay clean and protected from the elements for much longer than before. Pick up the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light today and experience the amazing look on your car that only a high end coating can supply!
- 1x Bottle of CSL
- 1x Dropper/pipette
- 1x Applicator pad
- 1x Pair of gloves
- Instruction/info sheet
- Gtechniq sticker
Application & Storage:
- To apply CSL your vehicle must be indoors and it must remain indoors for at least 12 hours after application
- Wash and decontaminate your vehicle's paintwork. If required, clay your paintwork to remove other bonded contaminants
- If needed, polish your paintwork, either by machine or by hand, to remove any imperfections
- Spray Panel Wipe onto a microfiber towel towel
- With your panel fully cooled after polishing, taking care to avoid any paint protection film or other types of vinyl film, buff away all polish residues. This process ensures you will get the maximum number of chemical bonds between the coating and your vehicle's paintwork
- Put on gloves to prevent CSL coming into contact with your skin
- Soak the applicator pad with two full measures from the pipette and work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation
- Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside - do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing
- Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2' x 2', or work to the bodylines of the vehicle
- After coating a single small panel or half a larger panel, remove residue with a clean microfiber towel. Always remove from further than you have applied, working from the outside in. It is essential to check for residue
- You may need to buff the same area several times to remove residue. We recommend using two microfiber cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product
- When working with coatings, we recommend you inspect the panels with a bright but diffuse light source, not with bright spot lights which are very poor for spotting coating residue
- Avoid buffing with too much force as this can spoil the surface you are protecting, and you may also drag the partially cured coating off the surface
- The microfiber cloths you are using should be rotated sufficiently and quickly so that CSL does not partially cure in the cloth, if it does cure then buffing residue will be significantly more difficult
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully, you should re-polish this area, and reapply CSL
- As soon as you finish put the microfiber towels in water, and wash and dry them as soon as possible
- Use CSL within 1 year of purchasing, for best results, once opened use within 3 months
- Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that is out of direct sunlight
Professional Detailer Reviews
My initial impressions of any coating are always based on of a few key points: Price, Ease of use, and Gloss. This coating is competitively priced relative to other consumer coatings, so that is great to see. I was very pleased with the ease of application, and the final appearance of this coating was excellent.
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Guide
From The Label
Crystal Serum Light is the prosumer version of the world famous Gtechniq Accredited Detailer only Crystal Serum - a coating so hard that if applied incorrectly can only be removed by using 1,500 grit sand paper. Serum Light offers 80% of Professional Serum's performance, but if applied incorrectly can be machine polished from your vehicle's paintwork. When it comes to adding gloss, resisting swirls, contaminant and dirt repellency, Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Serum Light are the pinnacle in paint protection.
- PERFECT: If required polish your paintwork to remove any imperfections.
- DE-GREASE: Spray Gtechniq Panel Wipe onto a MFI Microfibre Buff Cloth and then carefully wipe down your paintwork to remove all polish residues.
- APPLY: Soak the application pad with 2 full measures from the pipette. Spread onto a small panel or 1/2 a large panel and immediately remove residue with a MFI cloth.
Reviewed by Sylvan C. on 4/2/2017
Would they buy this item again? Yes
This was my first venture into paint coatings and my initial impression is that this stuff is awesome! I applied it to my brand new SUV after polishing the paint and using the panel wipe to remove polishing oils. The application was very straightforward and I had no problem leveling and buffing off the residue. My color is dark blue and it looks like the application is flawless. The paint has a nice wet look and the slickness is really nice to the touch. Haven't washed it yet so I can't comment much other than initial impression is very positive. I hope it holds up. Tip: get the 50ml if you have a larger car or SUV (especially if you will do extra surfaces like door jambs). I almost ran out before completing my job.
Reviewed by Steve K. on 3/13/2017
Would they buy this item again? Yes
Very nice results! Just have to be patient in the preparation of the paint and following the directions exactly.
Reviewed by Kurt F. on 3/6/2017
Would they buy this item again? Yes
Applied in a 55 degree warehouse, easy as could be. Used the foam block/suede cloth applicator as opposed to the included one, seemed to go quite far. 2014 Ford E250 Econoline panel van used maybe 30ml of the 50ml bottle. Wiped on in crosshatch pattern, pretty much wiped right off. Very slick feel...added C2v3 Crystal Crystal after letting cure for an hour or 2, should help with water behavior. All in all a definite winner for ease of use, wide application temp range from 38F to 80F makes it an early 'spring possible' product for those in colder climates. I like it!