2016 Ask-a-Pro Blog Recapby Reece @ DI
Each and every year I find myself enjoying the holiday season. Turkey and football on Thanksgiving, Christmas decorations and some pretty awesome holiday food staples for Christmas. Let me tell you, my grandma’s meatballs…simply put wow, maybe one day I can pry that secret recipe from her and share it here, but more on that later. During all of this holiday fun, a week before the new year comes around and all of a sudden it hits me, yet another year of the Ask-A-Pro Blog has come and gone in the blink of an eye! This happens every year and I always question where the past year has gone! 2016 was yet another fantastic year for the Ask-A-Pro Blog. We added new author Joe Metlow of Next Level Auto Detailing and hit the century mark for new articles written, the second year in a row this has happened I might add! All of the work each and every AAP author has put in is greatly appreciated by everyone here at Detailed Image and our great readers. We hope you enjoyed hearing the unique insights and reviews on products, new ways to perform detailing steps, SEMA coverage and the many more topics covered on the blog. Below are some of the best articles published this past year from each of the AAP authors.
Jean-Claude Corcoran of Detailed Designs Auto Spa:
Greg Gellas of Signature Detailing:
- Coating Warranties…Valuable?
- Initial Impressions: Forma Car Wash Shampoo
- Detailer’s…Lets see your 50/50 Shots!
Kevin Geroge of KMG Detailing:
- Having The Right Tool For The Job
- Does Age Matter in Detailing?
- Product Review: CarPro DLUX Plastic and Wheel Coating
- Working Safely with Chemicals
- Quickly Remove Animal Hair From Seats & Carpets
- Product Review: 22ple VM1 Extreme Rim and Metal Coating
Brian Guy of AOWheels:
Ian Howard of Gloss Angeles:
- How To: Caring for Powder Coated Wheels
- Steamers: The Most Versatile Tool in Your Arsenal
- Product Review: Griot’s Garage PFM Microfiber Towels
Zach McGovern of Attention to Detailing:
- The Truth Behind Wild Coating Claims
- Product Review: Metro Vac N Blo Pro Series
- The Best Microfiber Towels for Cleaning Your Exterior
- Tips to Improve Your Detailing Efficiency
- 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat – New Car Prep: Factory Sanding Marks, Scratches, Swirls
- Removing Car Wash Swirls and Scratches – 2016 Porsche Targa 4S
- Get Better Paint Correction Results by Improving Your Lighting
- Two Step Paint Correction Overview and Video Demo: 1937 Ford Coupe Hot Rod
James Melfi of AutoNuvo:
- Porsche 918 Spyder Project: Inspection, Wash Process, Paint Correction, Clear Bra Template Creation (Part 1)
- Porsche 918 Spyder Project: Paint Protection Film Installation (Part 2)
- Porsche 918 Spyder Project: Ceramic Coating Installation, Final Pictures and Video (Part 3)
- Porsche 918 Spyder Project: Track Day Clean Up (Part 4)
- Product Review: CarPro Reload Si02 Quartz Spray Sealant
- Product Review: CarPro Essence + CarPro Reload
Joe Metlow of Next Level Auto Detail:
- How To: Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Detail Spray
- The Worst Time to Inspect Your Paint
- Product Review: Griot’s Garage Boss Fast Correcting Cream
- Product Review & How-To Guide: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash
Greg Nichols of Reflections Detailing:
Ivan Rajic of LUSTR Detail:
- Product Review: Lake Country Force Pads
- Product Review: Metro Vacuums Master Blaster Revolution
- Initial Impressions & Application: Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL)
Eric Schuster of Envious Detailing:
Thank you again to all of our great readers and here is to an even better 2017!
Love this format. Beats saving all the email advertisements with the articles. Thanks!