Photo by Zach McGovern of Attention To Detailing Peoria.
Coatings have been becoming extremely popular the past couple of years. Detailers and weekend warriors have been switching over from waxes and sealants to see what all the buzz is about and from we can see, coatings are here to stay! The look may be different than what you expect to see from a wax or sealant, however there is something about seeing your car in what looks like a coat of glass that just really stands out. Each year new versions come out and coatings just seem to be getting better and better, which brings us to this article.
If you are looking for the deepest, wettest look out there, we here at Detailed Image would highly recommend checking out a coating (i.e. 22ple, Gtechniq, CarPro, etc.). These semi-permanent coatings take more effort and time to apply, but the results are well worth it. They will provide an amazing level of gloss and shine, while protecting your paint for up to 24 months! Like mentioned above, your car looks like it has been coated entirely in glass! Better yet, you can top these coatings (i.e. 22ple VS1 Final Coat, CarPro Reload Spray Sealant, etc.) to add more depth, gloss, and protection to the paint!
As the popularity of coatings grow our Ask-a-Pro detailers have been hard at work testing and using these coatings in their detailing routines. Below are some great articles they have written to help guide you through the process of applying and taking care of a coating:
- The Benefits of a Paint Coating
- Coating Application: How To Reduce Marring
- 22ple Application
- CarPro Cquartz UK Edition: Application Process
- Maintaining Your Paint Coating
We also have some other great product reviews and detailing articles that contain popular coating products. Take a look at these below:
- What does “22ple” Mean?
- 2012 Ferrari FF Paint Correction Featuring 22PLE Coating and Review
- 22ple Signature Glass Coating Product Review
- Product Review: CarPro DLUX Plastic and Wheel Coating
- Harley Davidson Detail | 22PLE VM1 and VR1 Coating
- BMW M5 Paint Correction and 22PLE Glass Coating
- Product Review: CarPro Cquartz UK Edition
- Introducing the 22ple VS1 Final Coat
- Product Review: 22ple VG1 Perfect Vision Window Coat
- Product Review: 22ple VG1 Glass Coat
- Product Review: 22ple VS1 Final Coat (Part 1 & Part 2)