Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove lovebug etchings from my paint?
Love bugs can be a real problem, within minutes they can etch in to the paint.
For most build ups we would recommend using a degreaser on the front bumper and other problems areas to help loosen up the bug splats. There are a lot of great options like the Einszett Anti-Insekt Bug + Tar Remover, Poorboy's World Bug Squash, and Chemical Guys Bug Bugger. You can just rinse it off but sometimes you'll need a wash mitt to agitate the surface.
If you want our strongest degreasing formula try the Stoner Tarminator, however we do recommend a thorough washing afterward to remove the residue left behind. It's an outstanding product for this job that is strong yet safe on the paint.
If you want to wash faster or not do a full wash we suggest using the Optimum No Rinse (ONR) which is a washing solution that doesn't involve any rinsing afterward.
Unfortunately all of these products will remove some or all of the sealant or wax you put on the surface. After you are done we recommend applying a strong coat of protection to protect against the love bugs, ideally a sealant and a wax. We generally recommend the Klasse All In One, wait an hour and then apply a wax. This strong barrier of protection can help repel the bug splats and prevent etchings in the clear coat and it make future cleanings easier.
More Detailing FAQs
- I'm new to detailing. Where do I get started?
- I am looking to wash and dry my car, what are your recommendations?
- How do I use a clay bar correctly?
- I am looking to start polishing my car. Can you guide me in the right direction?
- With all the various options for Quick Detailers, I am having trouble deciding on what one is best for me. Can you highlight some of them and recommend what one you like the best?
- What is a glaze and should I use one?
- How do waxes, sealants and coatings compare, and which one is best for me?
- How many and what type of microfiber towels should I use for each detailing step?
- How do I choose the correct buffer or polisher for me?
- How long do products last?
- How do I remove sap from a car?
- What do you recommend to remove spots or etchings caused by bird droppings?
- How do I remove water marks or water spots?
- How do I remove cigarette smoke smell from a car?
- How do I remove "wet dog" smell from a car?
- How do I clean suede in a car?
- How do I clean Alcantara in a car?