Frequently Asked Questions
How do I clean Alcantara in a car?
Alcantara is one of the toughest materials to clean and we generally recommend being pretty conservative with it. We typically use a very soft brush like our horse hair upholstery brush with light to medium pressure. Work the brush in different directions on stubborn build ups. We recommend using a cleaner like the 303 Spot Cleaner to spot treat stains and use as little as possible. Brush that area to work the cleaner in lightly and it will also help move some of the moisture. Leave the doors open afterward letting air circulate so the moisture evaporates more readily. Alcantara is also known as ultra suede and it's very sensitive to moisture.
More Detailing FAQs
For more detailing assistance you can check out our Detailing Guide, Ask-a-Pro Detailer Blog, the FAQs below, or contact us.
- I'm new to detailing. Where do I get started?
- I am looking to wash and dry my car, what are your recommendations?
- How do I use a clay bar correctly?
- I am looking to start polishing my car. Can you guide me in the right direction?
- With all the various options for Quick Detailers, I am having trouble deciding on what one is best for me. Can you highlight some of them and recommend what one you like the best?
- What is a glaze and should I use one?
- How do waxes, sealants and coatings compare, and which one is best for me?
- How many and what type of microfiber towels should I use for each detailing step?
- How do I choose the correct buffer or polisher for me?
- How long do products last?
- How do I remove sap from a car?
- What do you recommend to remove spots or etchings caused by bird droppings?
- How do I remove water marks or water spots?
- How do I remove cigarette smoke smell from a car?
- How do I remove "wet dog" smell from a car?
- How do I remove lovebug etchings from my paint?
- How do I clean suede in a car?