Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use a clay bar correctly?
A clay bar is actually very safe and easy to use to help you deep clean the paint. Simply mist some of the clay lube on a small section of paint and glide the bar side to side with very light pressure. It will pull contaminants away from the paint easily so your paint is much cleaner at the microscopic level. Our Gentle Fine Grade Clay Bar & Clay Lube Kit gives you an excellent clay bar and lube at a discounted price.
If you are looking for some more in depth information on Clay Bars you can check out our Detailing Guide and Ask-A-Pro Blog. We have worked hard to provide you with all the information you can think of to walk you through using a clay bar, and every other step in the detailing process.
More Detailing FAQs
- I'm new to detailing. Where do I get started?
- I am looking to wash and dry my car, what are your recommendations?
- I am looking to start polishing my car. Can you guide me in the right direction?
- With all the various options for Quick Detailers, I am having trouble deciding on what one is best for me. Can you highlight some of them and recommend what one you like the best?
- What is a glaze and should I use one?
- How do waxes, sealants and coatings compare, and which one is best for me?
- How many and what type of microfiber towels should I use for each detailing step?
- How do I choose the correct buffer or polisher for me?
- How long do products last?
- How do I remove sap from a car?
- What do you recommend to remove spots or etchings caused by bird droppings?
- How do I remove water marks or water spots?
- How do I remove cigarette smoke smell from a car?
- How do I remove "wet dog" smell from a car?
- How do I remove lovebug etchings from my paint?
- How do I clean suede in a car?
- How do I clean Alcantara in a car?