Frequently Asked Questions
I am looking to wash and dry my car, what are your recommendations?
When washing you want to be extra careful. Most swirls come from this process so be sure to use good technique and quality products. We recommend picking up a shampoo like the Chemical Guys Maxi Suds. This shampoo has lots of foam, great lubricity, and it gentle cleaning power. If you pair it with a good wash media like the Sheepskin Wash Mitt you will be able to lift contaminants off your paint safely and easily. For more washing and drying information you can check out the Washing and Drying section on our Detailing Guide.
More Detailing FAQs
For more detailing assistance you can check out our Detailing Guide, Ask-a-Pro Detailer Blog, the FAQs below, or contact us.
- I'm new to detailing. Where do I get started?
- How do I use a clay bar correctly?
- I am looking to start polishing my car. Can you guide me in the right direction?
- With all the various options for Quick Detailers, I am having trouble deciding on what one is best for me. Can you highlight some of them and recommend what one you like the best?
- What is a glaze and should I use one?
- How do waxes, sealants and coatings compare, and which one is best for me?
- How many and what type of microfiber towels should I use for each detailing step?
- How do I choose the correct buffer or polisher for me?
- How long do products last?
- How do I remove sap from a car?
- What do you recommend to remove spots or etchings caused by bird droppings?
- How do I remove water marks or water spots?
- How do I remove cigarette smoke smell from a car?
- How do I remove "wet dog" smell from a car?
- How do I remove lovebug etchings from my paint?
- How do I clean suede in a car?
- How do I clean Alcantara in a car?