Frequently Asked Questions
How long do products last?
Generally speaking most products will stay in perfect condition for 4 - 5 years, assuming they were not exposed to very high or low temperatures. If a product is left in a hot garage or in freezing conditions there is a good chance there can be some separation of the ingredients that cannot be fixed by shaking the bottle. If the product is over 4 - 5 years old it will start to lose it's potency. If the product is less than 4 - 5 years old and it was stored in temperatures closer to room temperature give it a good shake before testing it. Assuming the product looks normal in both color and consistency test it on a less visible area. If the product is working in good condition with no ill effects it should be safe to keep using.
More Detailing FAQs
- I'm new to detailing. Where do I get started?
- I am looking to wash and dry my car, what are your recommendations?
- How do I use a clay bar correctly?
- I am looking to start polishing my car. Can you guide me in the right direction?
- With all the various options for Quick Detailers, I am having trouble deciding on what one is best for me. Can you highlight some of them and recommend what one you like the best?
- What is a glaze and should I use one?
- How do waxes, sealants and coatings compare, and which one is best for me?
- How many and what type of microfiber towels should I use for each detailing step?
- How do I choose the correct buffer or polisher for me?
- How do I remove sap from a car?
- What do you recommend to remove spots or etchings caused by bird droppings?
- How do I remove water marks or water spots?
- How do I remove cigarette smoke smell from a car?
- How do I remove "wet dog" smell from a car?
- How do I remove lovebug etchings from my paint?
- How do I clean suede in a car?
- How do I clean Alcantara in a car?