Frequently Asked Questions
I'm new to detailing. Where do I get started?
We recommend reading our Auto Detailing Guide. You'll learn how to properly wash & dry, polish, apply a wax, care for your interior, and much more. The Guide is available to read on our website or can be downloaded as a PDF so that you can read it offline or print it out and keep a copy handy in your garage.
You'll also want to check out our Ask-a-Pro Detailer Blog where you'll learn tips and tricks from some of the very best professional detailers in the world.
When deciding what products to purchase, our customer Product Reviews can also be extremely insightful.
We're here to help throughout the entire process so don't hesitate to contact us for assistance.
More Detailing FAQs
- I am looking to wash and dry my car, what are your recommendations?
- How do I use a clay bar correctly?
- I am looking to start polishing my car. Can you guide me in the right direction?
- With all the various options for Quick Detailers, I am having trouble deciding on what one is best for me. Can you highlight some of them and recommend what one you like the best?
- What is a glaze and should I use one?
- How do waxes, sealants and coatings compare, and which one is best for me?
- How many and what type of microfiber towels should I use for each detailing step?
- How do I choose the correct buffer or polisher for me?
- How long do products last?
- How do I remove sap from a car?
- What do you recommend to remove spots or etchings caused by bird droppings?
- How do I remove water marks or water spots?
- How do I remove cigarette smoke smell from a car?
- How do I remove "wet dog" smell from a car?
- How do I remove lovebug etchings from my paint?
- How do I clean suede in a car?
- How do I clean Alcantara in a car?