22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating
No Payments + No Interest for 6 months with PayPal Credit. Learn more
($2.50 / ml)
($2.20 / ml)
- Semi-Permanent paint coating with an amazing level of gloss
- Offers two years of protection!
- Outstanding Value!
- Product Codes: VX3 30, VX3 50
- Read full description
Customer Reviews100% of customers said that they would buy this item again
Based upon 9 ratings
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Product DescriptionIf you are tired of applying sealants and waxes that last a few months, the 22ple VX3 is the perfect solution. The 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating achieves an amazing level of gloss and protection, similar to the 22ple VX Pro, but comes at a much lower price point. This is the perfect coating product to start on and see exactly what 22ple glass coatings are all about! With a durability of two years, as well as the signature 22ple ease of use what is not to like? Did I also mention the famous gloss as well as superior chemical resistance and ease of maintenance? The VX3 provides you everything so your paint is protected year round and looking great! VX3 has a hardness of 7H, ideal hardness for paint coating, but features less silica than the VX Pro or VX Pro2. This allowed 22ple to offer a great coating at a lower price point that everyone can enjoy! If you are looking for maximum protection, the VX Pro or the VX Pro2 are a great choice. What are you waiting for!? With the great value of the 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating you have no excuses not to see what a great glass coating is all about!
Please Note: 22ple Glass Coat Applicator (Double Sided) sold separately.
- 30ml - Best size for single vehicle applications. With some experience with the product you can get two or more applications out of this size.
- 50ml - Best value and if you are looking to perform multiple applications.
- Ensure the surface is cleaned & polished.
- Remove all oil/polishes on the surface by doing an IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) wipe down. Use a mixture of 50% Isopropyl Alcohol with 50% distilled water.
- Please make sure the surface is cool and TOTALLY dry before applying the glass coat.
- Pour a small amount of glass coat liquid onto the 22ple Glass Coat Applicator (Double Sided) and apply in a straight line motion. Do not over-apply as it does not give you additional benefit, but it might make it difficult to remove.
- Make sure ALL surfaces are covered. You should then buff off the coating with a clean, lint-free microfiber towel within 5-7 minutes in normal room temperature. Should you encounter any dried coating, simply re-apply another layer over it and buff. If an area becomes dry / tacky, then it's a sign that you allowed it to sit on the surface too long. We like to use 2 towels for removal. The first for main product removal, and then immediately go over it again with the second towel to ensure that you have completely removed all residue. As a good rule of thumb, apply 22ple to just 2 panels / sections at a time, and then proceed with residue removal. If you extend any more than this, the coating will dry too much and can become tacky.
- Increase dwell time if working in colder temperatures, decrease when working in higher humidity accordingly.
- Cure time - Do not wash your car or expose the car to open weather element,rain, snow etc for around 8-12 hours.
- After this initial curing time, the car can be washed or driven per normal.
- The full curing time is about 5 days, at which time the full layer of the coat will be hardened and the surface will look its best.
- Do not reuse any applicator pads used to apply this coating. 22ple will dry and harden these applicator pads and if used again they could potentially mar the paint.
- Allow the base layer to sit for a minimum of 12 hours (24 hours is highly recommended) before consider topping with a second layer.
- 24 hours between coats are highly recommended especially for VX PRO2 due to it's higher silica content.
- If cured by IR curing lamp (please use shortwave IR tubes for best results), then 2nd layer is possible after 4 hours.
- Observe the usual protocol of keeping moisture & dust away from the coated surface for at least 12 hours (4~6 hours if cured by IR curing lamp).
Professional Detailer Reviews
First impressions of this new offering from 22ple are great. Another easy to use product with a better price and performance. Given my personal testing with previous 22ple coatings, I am expecting this coating to provide years of durable protection and gloss.
All in all, 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating is another great product from 22ple and we have been using it regularly ever since first trying it out. I hope to get 1-1.5 years of durability out of it, so anything more will be a nice surprise. One of the best things is that VX3 is even more affordable than the rest of the 22ple products, so it's great for the DIY enthusiast who wants to protect their vehicle well.
22ple VX3 is the most economical coating product in the current 22ple line up. It is one of the most user friendly coatings we have had the priveledge of applying, and provides very nice results. The manufacturer puts an estimated 2 year durability rating on this product, and I am happy to see it performing in the real world as good as it had when it was just applied almost halfway through its intended lifespan.
Reviewed by Mike R. on 5/10/2017
Would they buy this item again? Yes
I've been hesitant to try a glass coating due to the ease of use, cure times etc. and was just simply inexperienced with them. Once this product came out and I read about it I decided to pull the trigger and I'm happy I did! Anyone in the same boat as I was this is a great product to use for first timers as the application process is super simple. I left on for a little to long as it was hot out but once I got the timing down (went from 5 minutes to 3 1/2 to 4 mins) it wiped right off with a brilliant shine! I found a little section that didn't get wiped off very well and had cured...all I did was take a black finishing pad and CG's v38 finishing polish and it came right off--then did an IPA wipe down and re applied. Great product, great price and best of all easy to use, there really is no reason to be scarred of quartz or glass coatings with this product--apply and wipe off! The time consuming part is perfecting your paint before hand so you don't "lock" in those imperfections. I should mention again the shine is like nothing I've seen before on black paint!!
Reviewed by Bob P. on 3/29/2016
Would they buy this item again? Yes
One of the best products we are able to offer our customers.
Reviewed by Justin M. on 1/10/2016
Would they buy this item again? Yes
Nice product so far! Compared to the VX1 I have used, the VX3 seems to leave a more smooth finish compared to the VX1 "sticky" texture when it cures. Maybe because of the smaller amount of silica? Anyways, goes on and wipes off easy, same simple process as other 22ple products. I topped this with the new 22ple VS1 spray on coating, this also works pretty good!